Electricity & Circuit Breakers

Circuit Breakers

If you do not have power, be sure all circuit breakers are switched to the “ON” position before calling Ameren IP.  To reset a circuit breaker, first switch it to the “OFF” position and then switch to the “ON” position.  



Power Outages

Gregory Place Only: Power outages should be reported to Prairieland Energy at 217-265-0855, not our office.

All Other JSM Buildings: Power outages should be reported to Ameren IP at 1-800-755-5000, not our office.


GFI Outlets

Outlets in the kitchen and bathrooms are equipped with a ground fault interrupter (GFI).  If the power cannot be switched back on, press the reset button located on the outlet plate.

Request Maintenance

Please use our online request form for all general requests.


Call us immediately if:

  • Water is leaking on to your floor from broken pipes or blocked drains.
  • Water is entering through the roof or windows.
  • Anything that will cause damage to the property if not immediately attended to.